Friday, December 7, 2007

Livin the past....



I never really got a good topic to post on...this is the reason i give every time after a break,and am afraid,i must do it once again...But,it does me no good if i don't post on a friday night ,that too having a full weekend ahead,which is a rare thing now that my college is going in full fledge....so i thought i'd give it a go,and as i was making ma way to my room i realised that i'd got the topic i had wanted....I took a book yesterday from my college's library and it is about the legendary alexander and it is named as"ALEXANDER :ON TO THE WORLD's END"..but,the unfortunate thing about this is it is the third part of the series,the first two of which i could never find in my library...Nevertheless,i've started to become obsessed with the book.I never really knew why,but i was and am always attracted towards these epic novels.And as everyone else does,i've always wanted to be like one of those royal kings or princes in ma life, say an ARAGORN or a MURTAGH(only people who read these type of novels will know what am referring to).The reason behind this maybe that,the first book i read ,very much enthralled,was ERAGON by the then teenage writer CRISTOPHER PAULINI...and LORD OF THE RINGS was something which i may never forget in my life,i miss those days when i used to sit in the last bench of ma class with the thousand odd pages book kept open before me and never really giving a damn about what the stupid man or lady was saying ,standing some five rows in front of me....But,this time the stakes are high for this book because i've already read which is considered as the greatest fiction of all time by many...and now it's time for me to ride aside the king of kings and LIVE THE PAST WHICH I NEVER SAW...

No comments: